Latest Tennis News
- Murray set for 'big-hitting' Rublev on Wednesday
- Konta, Edmund & Watson advance at Australian Open
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal through to second round
- Williams makes powerful start to record bid
- Australian Open - BBC coverage times for live radio and TV highlights
- Australian Open 2017: Roger Federer makes winning return in Melbourne
- Murray & Evans reach Australian Open second round
- Australian Open: Andy Murray battles 'aggressive' Marchenko and the heat
- Grand Slam nerves, being a Sir and what I bought my dogs for Christmas
- Australian Open 2017: Angelique Kerber through, Simona Halep beaten
The Davis Cup comes to Milton Keynes - UK......
Queen’s Court at The Centre, Milton Keynes, took on the look of Wimbledon last weekend as the MK Cow was moved and mini tennis courts appeared as The Davis Cup Victory Tour came to town.
The event organised by Tennis MK and Bucks LTA gave youngsters the opportunity to try out tennis whilst also seeing The Davis Cup, which was on display. The tennis activities were organised by a number of coaches from local clubs, led by John Cavill of Tennis Works and Stony Stratford Tennis Club, whilst Bucks LTA and club officials were on hand to talk to attendees about tennis in the area as well as ensure the Davis Cup remained safe!
There were three tennis zones which focused on skill sets used in the sport and youngsters moved around all of them in sequence to get a real taste of the fun of tennis. There was a constant queue as people wanted to have their picture taken with the cup. They really could not believe how big it was.
Melvyn Jones of Tennis Works, said, “it’s been wonderful seeing so many people in awe of the Davis Cup and then see the parents smiling when they see the fun their children were having on the courts. The event has been a huge success and we hope people will visit the tennis club nearest to them to see what the sport has to offer”.
Further pictures available on request or visit: https://www.facebook.com/StonyStratfordTennisClub
UPCOMING FREE LIVE ONLINE EVENTS
GB's Davis Cup legacy - When did it start?
Let’s take us back to when the seeds of GB’s current Davis Cup successful run was perhaps established!
Over 5 years ago, back in 2010, Leon Smith had just been appointed the Captain of the Great Britain Davis Cup team. This was a phenomenal achievement for someone who had not played professionally and had spend many years as a club coach. However, the rest as they say is history.
On the 6th June 2010, soon after Leon’s appointment, John Cavill, interviewed him during an Aegon ATP Challenger Event in Nottingham. You can read the interview by clicking the image above.
SETTEO - The future of tennis interaction.....
Setteo, the racket sports social network is a great example of how today's technology can support the grass roots tennis business that can lead to transformation.
Meetingthe challenges the grass roots tennis world faces: Interactivity; Fun; Mobility; Club Management and the intergration of new racket sports.